The University of Washington encourages university employees and citizens to report fiscal or compliance-related concerns.
Internal Audit Department
Internal Audit investigates complaints and allegations of:
- Dishonest or fraudulent acts that result in financial loss to the university
- Misappropriation or misuse of university resources such as funds, equipment, supplies, facilities or other assets
- Non-compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Non-compliance with university policies
University of Washington employees should report suspected fraud immediately to their department management or to the Internal Audit Department. Once department management becomes aware of the suspected financial irregularity or other related illegal act, they must immediately report it to the Internal Audit Department. The university policy and process can be found at University of Washington Administrative Policy Statement 47.10, Policy on Financial Irregularities and Other Related Illegal Acts.
Complaints, allegations, concerns may be reported tothe Internal Audit Department in person, in writing, by telephone, by fax or email to:
Campus Mail: Box 354984
Internal Audit can assist you over the telephone or in person with your options for getting your concern(s) addressed.
University of Washington employees may report improper governmental actions to the State Auditor’s Office or designated university officials. The following are the designated university officials authorized to receive whistleblower complaints from University of Washington employees:
- Chancellor, University of Washington, Bothell
- Chancellor, University of Washington, Tacoma
- Vice President, Human Resources
- Associate Vice President/Chief Compliance Officer, UW Medicine
- Executive Director of Internal Audit
- Executive Director, Harborview Medical Center
- Executive Director, University of Washington Medical Center
See the University of Washington Administrative Policy Statement 47.1, Summary of the State Employee Whistleblower Act